At a Glance
- Clothing sizes for boys in general are based on age or height. The US, UK, Australia and even Mexico use the age as the basis for the size. The EU kids clothes sizes and Asian kids clothes sizes however use height as their size guide.
- To find the perfect fit of clothes for your little boy, having the measurement of his chest, waist, hip, inseam, height, neck base and sleeve length is recommended. Refer to the published size charts of the particular clothing brand you plan on buying from. You may also refer to the boys size chart we’ve provided below for guide. Though generic size charts serve as a decent guide, it may not be as accurate.
- For boys shoes sizes, it is recommended to buy footwear with extra room to allow movement and your child’s growth. The trick is to add 0.5 – 0.7 inches to his actual foot length. Learn how to measure your little boy’s shoe size using our guide below.
Boys Size Chart Clothes (Standard)
|US Size||Alpha Size||Age||Height (in.)||Weight (lbs.)||Chest (in.)||Waist (in.)||Hip (in.)|
|4||XS||3 - 4||38 - 41||35 - 39||21 - 22||21.5 - 22||22 - 23|
|5||S||4 - 5||41 - 44||39 - 45||22 - 23||22 - 22.5||23 - 24|
|6||S||5 - 6||44 - 46.5||45 - 50||23 - 24||22.5 - 23||24 - 25|
|7||M||6 - 7||46.5 - 49.5||50 - 58||24 - 25.5||23 - 23.5||25 - 26.5|
|8||M||7 - 8||49.5 - 52||58 - 68||25.5 - 26.5||23.5 - 24.5||26.5 - 27.75|
|10||L||8 - 9||52 - 55.5||68 - 87||26.5 - 27.5||24.5 - 25.5||27.75 - 29|
|12||L||9 - 10||55.5 - 58.5||87 - 100||27.5 - 28.5||25.5 - 26.5||29 - 30.5|
|14||XL||10 - 11||58.5 - 61.5||100 - 110||28.5 - 30.5||26.5 - 28||30.5 - 32|
|16||XXL||11 - 12||61.5 - 64||110 - 120||30.5 - 32||28 - 29.5||32 - 33.5|
Boys Size Chart – Plus/Husky
|US Size||Height (in.)||Chest (in.)||Waist (in.)||Hips (in.)|
|8 HUSKY||49 - 51||30||29||30 ½|
|10 HUSKY||51 ½ - 54 ½||30 ½||30||31 ½|
|12 HUSKY||55 - 57||31 ½||31||33|
|14 HUSKY||57 ½ - 59 ½||33||32||34 ½|
|16 HUSKY||60 - 63||34 ½||33 ½||36|
|18 HUSKY||63 ½ - 65 ½||36||34 ½||37|
Boys Tops (Shirt/Jacket/Sweaters)
|US Size||Alpha Size||Age||Height (in)||Chest (in)||Waist (in)||Hips (in)|
More about Kids Jacket Sizes can be found here.
|Numeric size||Alpha size||Age||Height||Weight (lbs)||Waist||Hip||Inseam|
How to measure boys’ pants sizes?
Take measurements of your son’s (1) waist, (2) hips, and (3) inseam to find the best fitting jeans for him. Add an extra inch where you think it best applies for added comfort and movement.
Boys Clothing Conversion Chart
|2||2||2 - 3||92-98 cm||3|
|3||3||3 - 4||98-104 cm||4|
|4||4||4 - 5||104-110 cm||5|
|5||5||5 - 6||110-116 cm||6|
|6||6||6 - 7||116-122 cm||7|
|7||7||7 - 8||122-128 cm||8|
|8||8||8 - 9||128-134 cm||9|
|10||10||10 - 11||134-140 cm||11|
|12||12||12 - 13||140-146 cm||13|
|14||14||14 - 15||146-152 cm||15|
How to convert Boys Clothes Sizes to EU, UK, MX sizes?
The boom of the internet and online shopping has allowed easier access to fashion trends worldwide. But clothing sizes are different depending on the brand and country. In the US, children’s sizes are measured according to age. The UK and Australia follow the same sizing standard. In Europe, however clothing sizes are based on the child’s height and other measurements, not age.
To help you with buying boys clothes from international brands, we made this international conversion charts available. This includes specific body measurements to get a more accurate fit.
Remember, however, that these conversion charts are not 100% accurate and could merely provide approximate sizes. It is still best to consult with the sizing guide used by the brand to identifying your child’s clothing size.
Measurement Guide for Boys Clothes
Clothing sizes for boys are generally based on age. Although some countries and brands use the height as the basis for size measurement.
The best way to find the perfect clothes fit for your son is to measure their chest, waist, and hip. For more details on kids sizes, click Kids Size Chart.
- Chest: Chest. Measure the fullest part of your son’s chest area while he is standing straight with his arms relaxed at his sides. Add an inch or more depending on how loose or fit you want the clothing to be.
- Waist: Position the tape measure in the smallest area of your son’s trunk. This is usually found near the belly button area.
- Hips: Put the tape measure around the biggest part of your son’s hips. You may add an extra inch or two for more comfort and ease of movement.
- Inseam: Measure this from his upper and inner thigh (near the crotch area) and down to his ankle.
- Height: Have your son stand flat and straight on the wall without any footwear, place a book on top of his head and then measure the distance from his foot to the top of his head.
After successfully taking his measurements, store it somewhere accessible like your phone. This way, you can easily check your little boy’s size on your convenience. You could use the measurements to check the size fit for your son based on the size chart of the clothes brand. Otherwise, you may use general sizing chart guides to determine the appropriate clothing size for him.
If you also need help with girls sizes, you may refer to our guide girls size charts here.
Boys Shoe Size Chart
|US Size||UK||EU||Mexico||Australia||Foot Length
Important Information about Boys Shoe Sizes
Shoes are a vital part of your child’s outfit too. You would love your little boy to look fashionable from head to toe. So to know your son’s shoe size, it is important to get the measurement of his feet too.
Here are the steps to help you:
- With a pen and paper, trace both of your child’s foot on a sheet of paper. The length of his feet is from the longest toe to the edge of the heel and the width is the broadest part of his foot.
- Record the measurement between these two points in both inches and centimeters.
- Always choose the shoe size that fits the larger foot among your son’s feet to accommodate easy movement.
Now you ready to find the perfect shoe to complete your little boy’s look that will surely make you proud parent and your boy happy.