At a Glance
- Clothing for kids in Mexico are generally based on the age of the child. Shirts are usually labelled S-XL with age equivalent for each size, pants are tagged from 4-16 for kids based on their age, while dresses for the girls are also sized based on age, usually 6, 8, 10, 12 and 14.
- Mexico kids shoe sizing is different from US, UK and Euro since Mexicans generally have smaller feet. Shoes in Mexico are usually sized in centimeters and are similar to the general measurement used in Japan.
- There is no one perfect conversion for Mexican sizes since every manufacturer could be using a different sizing depending on the brand. Children’s Shoe Size Mexico US sometimes come abbreviated, i.e. a 4.5 can be a 14.5.
Mexican Kids Clothing Size Conversion Chart
Children’s Shoe Size Mexico US
The Children’s shoe size mexico us chart below will help you to convert your US Kids Shoe Size to the Mexico Kids Shoe size.
|MEXICO SIZE||US SIZE||FOOT LENGTH||SHOES WIDTH|
What to know about Mexican Kids Sizes
Finding the right size of clothes and shoes for your child could be very confusing, after all, sizes used from each country and every brand could vary. While buying from physical stores could still be the best option to test the perfect fit, the convenience of online shopping makes it worth it for many parents.
Plus, wanting our child to wear fashion trends from Asia, Europe, US and other parts of the world is now possible. We came up with this Child Clothes Size Conversion charts to help ease the burden of converting your child’s clothes and shoe sizes from Mexican to US to EU, UK and even Asian Sizes. Use this as guide but it is always better to ask for the size used by online shops to be sure.
Mexican Kids Dresses Size Chart
|6||6||40 cm (16 in)||57 cm (22.5 in)||26 cm (10 in)|
|6-7||6||42 cm (16.5 in)||60 cm (23.5 in)||28 cm (11 in)|
|7-8||8||44 cm (17.5 in)||63 cm (25 in)||30 cm (12 in)|
|9-10||10||46 cm (18 in)||66 cm (26 in)||32 cm (12.5 in)|
|11||12||48 cm (19 in)||69 cm (27 in)||34 cm (13.5 in)|
|12-14||14||50 cm (20 in)||72 cm (28 in)||35 cm (14 in)|
Mexican Children Pants Sizes and Jeans Size Chart
|US||MEXICO||WAIST||PANTS LENGTH||CHILD'S HEIGHT|
|XS/24||6-7||42 cm (16.5 in)||68 cm (27 in)||120-130 cm
|S/26||7-8||46 cm (18 in)||72 cm (28 in)||130-140 cm
|M/28||9-10||50 cm (20 in)||76 cm (30 in)||140-150 cm
|L/30||11-12||54 cm (21 in)||80 cm (31.5 in)||140-150 cm
How to Take Your Kid’s Clothes Measurements
The best way to find the most accurate fit for your child is to measure it properly. Having your child’s measurements will be very helpful later on in finding the right fit of clothes an shoes for them whether you are buying in-store or online.
While we recommend having your child fit the clothing item to know the best size, some limitations like online shopping will make it difficult, so the next best thing is to measure your child and find the appropriate size for them using the conversion chart we provided above. For more details on other countries conversions, you may refer to our Asian Kids Sizes or our European Kids Sizes.
To take your child’s measurements, follow these simple steps:
- With a pen, tape measure and a piece of paper ready, ask your child to stand upright with feet closed together behind a wall.
- To find the chest measurement, put the measuring tape around the fullest side of your child’s chest.
- For the waist, measure around the smallest portion of your child’s waist but put a slight allowance for breathing.
- To measure the hips size of your child, put the measuring tape around the fullest portion of the hips, then measure from there, giving enough allowance depending on the kind of fit (loose or tight) preferred.
Mexican Shoe Size Kids Conversion
Interesting facts about Mexican Kids Shoe Sizes
Shoe sizes in general differ depending on the country of manufacturing and brand. Some companies follow general country sizing measurements, while others follow their own internal sizes causing confusion in conversions most of the time. The most commonly used kids shoe sizes are adapted from the US, UK and Euro sizing standards.
You may refer to the Mexican kids shoe size conversion chart below to help you find the proper conversions but this should be used as a guide only as sizes could still vary depending on the brand. If possible, it is still best to ask your child to fit the shoe before buying it, or asked the shop – even online shop – for their size conversion.